Saturday night in Fifth Third Arena was a lot like all of the previous AAC games this season. The Bearcats did just enough to get the win. It wasn’t easy and at times it wasn’t pretty.
Some loose thoughts
- Jarron Cumberland is an assassin.
- Maybe because it was a Saturday night or maybe because we’re getting deep into the season, either way there were a lot of people there.
- Cumberland started off hot and continued his strong play this season. He finished with a game high 24 points. He’s averaging 18.7 ppg now.
- Justin Jenifer & Nysier Brooks was MIA pretty much all night
- Cane Broome is left handed. SMU apparently didn’t know this. It resulted in a highlight real for Broome.
- Hey AAC! TREVOR MOORE IS AWAKE AND WILL SHOOT THE LIGHTS OUT. This deserves more than a bullet point and one line. Since September Cronin has said Moore is the best shooter on the team and I for one thought he must have been dehydrated because its never the case in a game mainly because he doesn’t get a ton of minutes, which obviously Cronin is in charge of. So if a guy isn’t getting minutes there’s a reason. In his weekly press conference and radio show Cronin has been more vocal about Moore’s ability and now how his confidence is way up. This has resulted for more minutes for Moore this past week, first at Temple and now against SMU. He finished with 9 points in 17 minutes with 3-6 shooting (all threes).
- When the team needs energy Cronin has figured out that he needs to put in Moore, Johnson, and Nsoseme.
- Jon Rothstein could have written his term paper in the shoe last night. Excluding the last 4 minutes, Langsam library was more rowdy.
- The Bearcats are still in first place with a showdown in Houston waiting on Sunday.
This really threw off the groove of the game.
I’m not sure if I’ve seen a game where the refs went to the monitor as many times as these jokers did last night.
This was the sideshow highlight of the night for me. Sorry if you missed it.
The Bearcats have heck of a road trip this week @Memphis and @Houston. Buckle up and set your pace makers.