The Streak Lives!
In what was sure to be a hard fought, heart attack having finish for the Bearcats last night’s game was any but. The Bearcats dominated SMU almost from start to finish. The Bearcats, now 3-0 in the American, showed why they were picked to finish first in the league last night. Even when SMU showed signs of life late in the second half the Bearcats never lost their cool.
Some things we saw last night:
- The offense was struggling at the start finally it picked up about half way through the first half.
- Cane Broome saw action last night after sitting out the past 2 games with an ankle sprain.
- He was limited though, he finished the game with 3 pts, 1 assist, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers in 12 minutes.
- Teddy (Jarron Cumberland) struggled from the floor. He tried to shoot his way out of it but it didn’t look good at any point in the night. He finished with 14 points somehow and at least 1 charge. His pull up jumper is still MIA.
- The Bearcats shot 28% in the first half and 58% in the second
- Only 11 turnovers for the game. Huge improvement over the Temple game.
- Shake Milton had a VERY quite 14 points last night. He only put up 5 shots in the first half.
- Jacob Evans III has Cronin’s confidence. Down the stretch the ball was in his hands.
- Gary Clark. Problem? Yes. The guy plays grown man basketball. He finished with 18 and 8.
- I said the Bearcats would score 77. They finished with 76 beating SMU by 20.
Gary Clark is a problem.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) January 8, 2018
Gary is doing whatever he wants to the SMU defense
— GoBeercats (@GoBeercats) January 8, 2018
What’s the highlight of Gary’s night as he scores 18 pts & the #Bearcats take down SMU?
Visiting a very special fan at her first game this season pic.twitter.com/zkhmyMBkbq
— Cincinnati MBB (@GoBearcatsMBB) January 8, 2018
GIVE THIS MAN ALL OF THE AWARDS!
Dan Hoard is a living legend when it comes to radio calls here are the highlights as called by him:
— Dan Hoard (@Dan_Hoard) January 8, 2018
And we can’t forget the #Beerofthegame
— GoBeercats (@GoBeercats) January 7, 2018
If SMU is supposed to be a top 4 team in the American the gap between 1 and 2 to 3 and 4 is huge.