Our Top 9 names for the Bearcats beer that May Never Be
The University of Cincinnati needs to partner with a local brewery to put out a Bearcats brew stat. We know the craft beer scene in this city is top notch and there are several breweries in town with the ability to make this happen. Will the University ever come out of its shell of sobriety and partner with a local craft brewery to give UC it’s own beer? A lot of people think this will never happen but we certainly hope UC comes around. There are already a number of universities leading the way on this. Here’s what I found so far…
- LSU – Bayou Bengal Lager brewed by Tin Roof Brewing
- Tulane – Green Wave Wheat by NOLA brewing
- U of Louisiana – Lafayette – Ragin’ Cajuns Genuine Louisiana Ale, from Bayou Teche Brewing
- Colorado State – Old Aggie Lager by New Belgium Brewing
- New Mexico State – Pistol Pete’s 1888 Ale by Bosque Brewing Co.
- University of Montana –Griz Montana Lager by Big Sky Brewing
- Purdue – Boiler Golden-American Golden Ale by People’s Brewing Co.
- *New* Northern Kentucky University- Norse Pale Ale by Braxton Brewing Co.
If you want to know more about these beers you can check out the wishlist on our Untappd profile (@GoBeercats) under college beers.
We know that at least one major brewery in town (Madtree) has reached out to UC and was shot down.
We talked with some folks at the university and they’re pretty averse to associating themselves with alcohol
— MadTree Brewing (@MadTreeBrewing) November 5, 2017
That’s really too bad because the possibilities are almost endless and here are some of our ideas here at GoBeercats:
- Five More Yards to go then Hop. Breweries love the hop puns. I think this one works well. Make it an IPA around 6% and throw the Jimmy Nippert stiff arm pose on the label.
- Mick & Mack Attack. A milk Stout with obvious branding.
- Ring of Red. A Red IPA and an honorable brew.
- The Grid Gang. We tailgate at the grid, make a beer out of it with the Sigma Sigma landmarks. Make it a session IPA 4.5% sounds about right and lets crush them on game day.
- Back-to-Back. A throwback beer of the 2 National Championships. Obviously it would need to be a double IPA because once wasn’t good enough when it came to titles, the same for hops. Somewhere on the can it would need to throw shade at the useless nuts up north. 10% and 100 IBUs.
- Down the Drive. *chug* *chug* *chug* UC! A pale ale at 6% with 61 or 62 IBUs
- Lets Gose UC! A tart gose beer that starts with Ohh Ohh Ohh!
- Bearcat. A bock beer. It would fit in nicely with a certain OTR brewery’s line up of other cat themed beers. (Saber Tooth Tiger, Cougar, Panther, and Puma) Just throw red and black stripes on the can.
- Kings of the Queen City. An Imperial porter 12%
- Huggy (Brown) Bear Ale. A brown ale
- Cronin’s Crushable Kolsh. A nice starter beer before making your way to the Shoemaker Center.
- The Fight of Fickell. A Helles Lager that brings the pain.
— GoBeercats (@GoBeercats) November 5, 2017
Lets get this done UC!
Have a beer name we should add to the list? Comment or tweet us to let us know what’s up.