Cincinnati has a great craft beer scene. That isn’t news to anyone paying attention. With 35 breweries already in the tri-state area it’s hard to choose a favorite at this point. You have great experimentation and funky combinations coming out of Braxton Labs and Listermans. Rhinegeist is keeping you hopped up with a plethora of IPA options (among others). Places like Fibonacci, Dogberry, and Nine Giant among others make it so you’ll never have to travel too far from your neighborhood for a great beer.
Opening a new brewery isnt’ easy. First you need a great product, then a ton of capital to fund the venture and opening a new place requires a lot of up front costs. Trust me, I’ve looked into it, extensively. Finally, you need to be prepared to invest all the sweat equity you physically can into making it happen.
The list of breweries in the area is growing. There are at least 6 new breweries in the works right now. Places like Northside, Mason/Fields Ertle, and the West side are all gaining new places to check out soon.
Here are the latest groups applying for a brewing license with the state:
– Happy 2 Brewing Co ( The same location of a current Mio’s Pizza) 8298 Clogh Pike, Cincinnati
– Humble Monk Brewing Co. 1641 Blue Rock Rd Cincinnati
– Off Track Brewing Co 227 Stark St. Cincinnati
– Rebel Mettle Brewing 246 W McMicken Ave. Cincinnati – www.rebelmettlebrewing.com
– Sounder Brewing 8584 Duke Blvd Mason – www.sounderbrewing.com
– The Common Beer Co 126 E Main St. Mason – www.commonbeercompany.com
The list doesn’t include already established breweries adding second locations or ones from other cities moving into town.